We have released OpenBGPD 8.2, which will be arriving in the
OpenBGPD directory of your local OpenBSD mirror soon.
This release includes the following changes to the previous release:
* Update ASPA support to follow draft-ietf-sidrops-aspa-verification-16
and draft-ietf-sidrops-aspa-profile-16 by making the ASPA lookup
* Fix a fatal error in the Linux netlink parser which was triggered
because of a mismatched netlink message size.
* Rework UPDATE message generation to use the new ibuf API instead
of the hand-rolled solution before.
* Improve error message in bgpctl for features not supported by the
portable version of OpenBGPD.
* Adjusted example GRACEFUL_SHUTDOWN filter rule in the example config
to only match on ebgp sessions.
OpenBGPD-portable is known to compile and run on FreeBSD and the
Linux distributions Alpine, Debian, Fedora, RHEL/CentOS and Ubuntu.
It is our hope that packagers take interest and help adapt OpenBGPD-portable
to more distributions.
We welcome feedback and improvements from the broader community.
Thanks to all of the contributors who helped make this release